I have a small, 32 hutch rabbitry at my house focusing on Dwarf Hotots. I am a member of the American Rabbit Breeder's Association and am an ARBA registered rabbitry (#D5056). My rabbits are for show purposes only, no pet sales. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I love to promote Dwarf Hotots and would be happy to provide more information about these lively, inquisitive rabbits.
The American Rabbit Breeders Association
Cajun Hoppers Rabbit Club (President)
Ark-La-Tex Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club (President)
American Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club (Scholarship Chair)
Eyes of the South Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club
Anna Timmerman: New Orleans Dwarf Hotots
- All rabbits for sale are posted on my Facebook page (Anna Timmerman). Sales rabbits may be sold at shows with no prior warning on social media. This is entirely up to my discretion.
- I do not keep a waiting list.
- All available information will be given in sales ad. Donated auction animals will also contain all available information, including age, sex, breed, presence of faults or disqualifications, etc. All rabbits are fully pedigreed per ARBA standards. Legs, Grand Champion certificates, and registration certificates also go with sold rabbits if applicable.
- All sales ads include photographs of multiple viewpoints of the rabbit, including tattoo to avoid discrepancies. Photographs are not an ideal way to purchase rabbits, if possible, inspect the rabbit in person via a rabbitry visit. Again, this is first come, first served.
All sales are first, come, and first served and final. This means that your payment has been received via PayPal, sent to email@example.com. Once payment is received, the rabbit will be marked “sold”. Refunds are not given if you change your mind.
- I do not allow rabbits to be reserved or held by potential buyers.
- Buyers must be 18 years of age.
- Sold rabbits must be either transported or picked up at a reasonable date. Typically this means within one week of time of sale. Transport options are listed in the sales ad. Transport fees and cooping fees are not included in the sale price unless noted. (ARBA Convention and larger national show fees apply).
- All rabbits are a minimum of eight weeks old, I prefer a minimum of 14 week if possible.
Potential buyers should be experienced at keeping rabbits and members of either 4-H or ARBA. I will be checking your Facebook profile.
- All rabbits are in good health when they leave my rabbitry. Once they leave my possession I am not responsible for any health related condition since it is out of my control.
- All rabbits will have known disqualifications disclosed to buyer in the sale ad. Dwarf Hotots can develop disqualifications at any time, including but not limited to dewlap, black freckles, eye specks, black whiskers, black fur, discolored nails, and non-genetic malocclusion. I highly recommend that all Dwarf Hotot buyers purchase the American Dwarf Hotot Rabbit Club guidebook and read it thoroughly to educate themselves on this topic. ($5 with dues). www.adhrc.com
- I do not nor ever guarantee that a rabbit is show quality or brood quality. Nor do I guarantee how young rabbits will grow out. I will mention if a rabbit was successfully shown (not disqualified) and if they have produced a litter. This does not guarantee that they will be show quality forever, nor that they will reproduce in your care, under your set of conditions.
- I reserve the right to terminate a sale at any time. For any reason. If I feel uncomfortable about a buyer or where my rabbit is heading, I will and can back out of the transaction. You may or may not be refunded, depending on the circumstances of the sale.
- Genders on very young rabbits are difficult for even seasoned breeders and showmen to tell with absolute certainty. All bunnies will be sexed as accurately as possible when listed for sale. All rabbits are sold as-is, no refunds will be given if the “sex change fairy” visits.
All rabbits come with a week’s worth of transition feed free of charge.
- Additionally, rabbits sold by me can be returned at any time, no questions asked. My rabbits are part of an extended family of animals that I have been caring for over the course of many years. They can always come back home if needed. DO NOT take rabbits from my rabbitry to a shelter. You will be placed on the “Do Not Sell List”.
- It is your responsibility to look over rabbits at time of sale for illness, disqualifications, etc. Additionally, I will show you known disqualifications at the time of sale so that you may physically see them.
Prices are subject to change based on my judgement of the quality of the rabbit in question. Animals with multiple wins and proven stock sell for higher prices. I do give a 4-H discount.
All rabbits are now a minimum of $100.
By reading this policy you are agreeing to my terms. I may refuse a sale at any time, for any reason. Additionally, buyers who pose undue burden or any issues will be placed on my “Do Not Sell List”, which I share with other breeders.